Overarching asks: A social security system that makes sure we all have enough to live a dignified life. One that’s there for everyone when we need it.
View our policy explainer document here!
- Reverse the £20 Universal Credit cut
- Remove the benefit cap
- End the five-week wait
- End the two-child limit
- End the sanctions
- Through the creation of a Minimum Income Guarantee, ensure the Scottish social security system that protects people from poverty and meets people’s needs. First steps toward this must include:
- Doubling the Scottish Child Payment immediately.
- Ensuring our disability assistance system is human rights-based and treats people with dignity.
- Ensuring that Scottish carers benefits are adequate and protect carers from poverty.