Overarching asks: Create secure, green jobs that pay at least the real Living Wage; enough for a decent life.
Read our policy explainer document here!
- Incentivise employers to provide Fair Work to workers, through taxation incentives and Fair Work bonuses. This would include jobs that
- Pay at least a real Living Wage
- Provide at least four-week shift notice.
- Provide a guaranteed minimum of 16 hours
- Promote a flexible working culture
- Ensure that employability services are flexible and meet the needs of groups facing extra barriers to the labour market (such as BAME people, lone parents, and disabled people).
- The UK Government to increase the National Living Wage in line with a set adequacy standard that keeps pace with the cost of living and average incomes.