Tuesday 6th October
Ensure our social security system provides a decent standard of living for everyone .
- Ask 1: Ending the five week wait for Universal Credit, by making advance payments non-repayable
- Ask 2: Making permanent the temporary increase in Universal Credit
- Ask 3: Ending the benefit cap
- Ask 4: Ending the two child limit
- Ask 1: Creating a Scottish Minimum Income Guarantee. The Scottish Government could, for example:
- Ask 2: Significantly increase the value and reach of the Scottish Child Payment.
- Ask 3: Commit to a fundamental review of disability assistance, with a focus on ensuring adequacy of support for disabled people in Scotland.
- Ask 4: Commit to ensuring that Scottish Carer’s Assistance provide adequacy of support for carers.