- This event has passed.
Poverty Awareness Session for the NE Health Improvement Team
October 6 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The NE locality poverty working group are running Poverty Awareness Sessions to coincide with Challenge Poverty Week 2021.
The session will be delivered at 2 different times to accommodate different working patterns and diary commitments – Thurs 30th Sept, 1-2pm and Wed 6th Oct, 10-11am.
As you will all be more than aware, poverty is relevant to everyone’s work within Health Improvement – particularly in light of the wider impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic. I am therefore asking that all staff attend one of these sessions. If there is the need for an additional date we will look to arrange this.
The session will cover the following:
• An introduction to Challenge Poverty Week
• An overview of poverty in Glasgow
• An introduction to the key themes of challenging child poverty identified by the Child Poverty Action Group
• A breakout discussion on what this means for our work in health improvement.
• An overview of resources and learning that can support Health Improvement staff