Challenge Poverty Week 2021
Find all our Challenge Poverty Week resources for 2021 including toolkits, lesson plans and graphics in our Google Drive folder.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com!
Join a Get Involved meeting!
We are hosting two final get involved meetings aims to help you understand CPW and plan your involvement! Sign up below:
What is Challenge Poverty Week?
Challenge Poverty Week is designed to highlight that poverty is a problem we can solve, and to showcase solutions we can all get behind.
The week is an opportunity for you to raise your voice against poverty and unite with others in calling for a more just and equal Scotland.
Each year, hundreds of organisations in Scotland do just that, including elected representative, charities and NGOs, local authorities, faith groups, businesses, school and colleges, trade unions, professional bodies and more. Will you join us?
What we can achieve together this Challenge Poverty Week
- To raise a unified voice against poverty and show that we all want to live in a more just and equal Scotland.
- To build awareness and support for solutions to poverty.
- To change the conversation around poverty and help end the stigma of living on a low income.
“It’s fantastic to be united against poverty with such a dynamic, diverse and inspiring group of organisations. There is nothing more important than raising awareness of the issues and changing the narrative around poverty across Scotland. It’s a great opportunity to hear different voices, understand different perspectives and empower those experiencing poverty to make their voices heard.”
– Save the Children Scotland
Challenge Poverty Week 2021 key messages
- Too many people in our society are locked in the grip of poverty, restricted from playing a full role in society.
- But in Scotland, we all agree that poverty can, and must, be solved.
- By redesigning our economy to reflect our shared values of justice and compassion, we can unlock poverty’s grip.
- Action must be taken to boost people’s incomes, reduce the cost of living, and create the just and green Scotland we all want to see.
Raise your voice this Challenge Poverty Week
Taking part in Challenge Poverty Week is rewarding and impactful. Due to COVID-19 we are encouraging Challenge Poverty Week activities to take place online whenever possible. However, we will be providing resources to help you organise in-person events.
Check out our Get Involved page with lots of resources to make it easy for you to get involved, whether that’s organising a speaker events, launching an initiative or writing to your local politician.