Challenge Poverty Week 2021
Challenge Poverty Week 2021 will take place from 4 – 10 October.
Please note that all resources and information on this website relates to Challenge Poverty Week 2020. Updated information and resources will be posted at a later date. Subscribe to the Poverty Alliance monthly newsletter for updates. Feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions!
Share our animation highlighting the solutions to poverty we can all get behind. #ChallengePoverty #TogetherWeCan.
What is Challenge Poverty Week?
“Challenge Poverty Week offers the chance to explore some of the most innovative and effective work and to identify the barriers that too many people face when trying to lift themselves from poverty.” Craig Wilson, SCVO.
Challenge Poverty Week is an opportunity for you to raise your voice against poverty and unite with others in calling for a more just and equal Scotland. Read our review of the highlights from last year.
Challenge Poverty Week aims
- To raise a unified voice against poverty and show that we all want to live in a more just and equal Scotland.
- To build awareness and support for solutions to poverty.
- To change the conversation around poverty and help end the stigma of living on a low income.
Challenge Poverty Week 2020 key messages
- Too many people in Scotland are living with the constant pressure of living in poverty.
- As we plan our economic recovery, we must redesign our economy to reflect the values of justice and compassion we all share.
- By boosting people’s incomes and reducing the cost of living we can make sure we all have what we need.
Want to get involved?
Taking part in Challenge Poverty Week can be rewarding and impactful. Due to COVID-19 we are encouraging Challenge Poverty Week activities to take place online whenever possible. However, if the official guidance allows then in-person actions could be organised.
If you want to get involved but aren’t sure how you can make an impact, join one of our sector specific Get Involved Meetings to discuss with other organisations what you can do to make a difference. See a full list of the meetings and sign up here.
Check out our resources page with toolkits and templates to make it easy for you to get involved, whether that’s organising a speaker events, launching an initiative or writing to your local politician. (2020’s toolkits will be available to download shortly, check back soon!)