Challenge Poverty Week is an opportunity for you to raise your voice against poverty and show what needs to be done to tackle poverty across Scotland.
Organisations large and small supported Challenge Poverty Week last year, and we hope even more get behind it this year.
The main aims of the week are to:
• Show the reality of poverty in Scotland and challenge stereotypes
• Highlight and showcase the solutions to poverty
• Increase public support for action to solve poverty
The key messages for Challenge Poverty Week are:
Challenge Poverty? Aye we can!
We believe that:
• Too many people in Scotland are trapped in the grip of poverty
• By boosting people’s incomes and reducing the cost of living we can solve poverty
• Solving poverty is about ensuring we can all participate in a just and compassionate society
We are encouraging groups and individuals to get involved in Challenge Poverty Week by organising activities or taking part in activities organised by others. These pages will help you to do that. We will soon be developing toolkits to help you plan for your events.
If you are organising an event for Challenge Poverty Week, or you want to discuss how to go about it, please don’t hesitate to contact us or follow @CPW_Scotland on Twitter
Everyone who signs-up for Challenge Poverty Week will also be offered free training on how to talk about poverty more effectively and work with the media.